Meet our new Car. A 2008 Volkswagen Jetta. A 5 cylinder (weird huh?) with a good amount of extra trinkets. The Kelly Blue Book says the retail value for this car is $15, 560. The trade-in value is $12,725. Our buying price...$11, 500. Car fax report expects a 91-92 grade on this type and year of car; ours has a 93. How did we do it? First Derrick, my dad and I are very good at playing the car lot game. Second, the car was on the lot for 138 days and to say the least they were basically ready to get it turned over. Lastly, we have 130 days to sell the Monte Carlo to use it to count towards taxes and that lowered some of the price.

We are so ecstatic. Derrick has, one of his favorite types of car, a Volkswagen again. We really needed this. I don't know if I could say we were fully prepared to do this, but the Lord provided us the means and good fortune.
Lastly, we need to make a shout out to Thompson Auto Sales and our car sales man Adam. I didn't think that doing business with a car lot could ever be remotely considered a good experience, but they delivered. I would recommend them to anyone.

We are so ecstatic. Derrick has, one of his favorite types of car, a Volkswagen again. We really needed this. I don't know if I could say we were fully prepared to do this, but the Lord provided us the means and good fortune.
Lastly, we need to make a shout out to Thompson Auto Sales and our car sales man Adam. I didn't think that doing business with a car lot could ever be remotely considered a good experience, but they delivered. I would recommend them to anyone.
1 comments:
The Jetta is a good car! Not as good as a Ford (Shameless plug- I'm a shareholder) but a good car, nonetheless!
Got to love German automobiles!
Post a Comment