Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Love Band Aid

You know, I was really touched today by things many people said about me today. How I was smart, independent, non-judgemental, loving, and caring. I hope I always live up to that reputation. Of course I will fault sometimes, but lets hope those occurrences are far and few in between. Especially since I have been a major screw-up this week I am expecting for that to account for at least six months worth of Gail-suckiness lol.

It is comforting to have nice things said by good people when at a low point. Continually we need to make sure we are that for others as well (did you like the royal "we" usage?). To lift them up in their low points.

My last thought was concerning how many people said I am very smart. I am glad people feel that way. But I hope that they don't see that because I flaunt it. There is nothing less admirable than someone showing off their smarts all the time. It is a sign of over confidence or a lack of it. Frankly the smart strutter's look like the idiots in my book. Not to say a smart person should overly dumb themselves down or not be proud of it, but act like a normal, respectable human for goodness sake!

The comment of me being smart also somewhat made me laugh. Only if people knew how many tears I have cried due to math inadequacy, the frustration of people editing my error filled papers, and my amazing skills to always make stupid errors. I might have a knack for some things, but I assure all of you; I am very human.

I think I am getting off the computer now. Maybe take a warm bath and curl up with a good book? This next two months are going to be filled with endless research so I ought to enjoy it now.

:).

0 comments: