Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Insensitive Gail Strikes Again

I sometimes feel like an awful person. I HATE to hurt peoples feelings and I loathe making people feel like less of a person no matter how unintentionally or with good cause.

I have had many people tell me I am the most level headed, diplomatic person they know. I would like to believe my own press. I know I get over heated and am too quick to defend an idea, but sometimes not quick enough to defend the heart of a person. When you believe something so thoroughly it is hard not to do so. It is such a hard line to draw when attempting to not fluff something, but not coming off as an insensitive jerk either. I also wish I could say I am not a judgemental person. I am quick analyze and try to solve a person like a chemistry problem. I can't do that with people. People have so many extrinsic variables you can never truly get a clear picture. Also, when concerning another person, just because something wouldn't hurt my feelings doesn't mean it won't hurt theirs. I need to remember that!

Ahhh, may the Lord grant me with more understanding of those around me and not what I have come to conclusion they are. May I not only stand up for an idea, but first and foremost for others. Ideas are nothing without our brothers and sisters in the world around us.

Ugghhh. I hate feeling like pond scum.


THE ADD ON
I have to say I appreciate Caty was brave enough to reveal her blog was about me because I wasn't brave enough to do the same(even if everyone could have figured out who I was indirectly referring to). I know it seems like we are often about to kill each other via Internet. That is because Caty and I are very passionate people with very different, yet similar lives. We are both willing to fight for what we believe in which is a good thing. How we do it is sometimes not always appropriate. The Internet is not the most conducive place to reflect on thoughts in their entirety and express them correctly. We often are too quick to react. The tension between Caty and I does not come because we despise each other. Do we get frustrated with each other? Yes. We don't talk enough in person to see where the other person is really coming from.

Caty and I often do not agree. Though I think if either of us was much different we might be missing out. We DO make each other think. It makes us uncomfortable on some level, we are only human. It takes more personal strength to talk to a friend that will willingly oppose you. What is wonderful is we can both admit we are not perfect and make mistakes. Caty and I may not see eye to eye a lot the time, but both of our intentions are just as righteous even if we make mistakes. I figure we actually agree on 97% of things in life, but is amazing how 3% can make two people so different. Just wait, I bet we are going to get to heaven and laugh so hard at our squabbling when we can fully understand it all.
Thank you Caty for your sweet blog. I had to learn my lesson today too! We both had to read and think about things we needed to. We will both come out better for it.

2 comments:

Caty said...

Me too. The whole "too-quick-to-respond-so-it-comes-off-really-bad" thing... Ugh. :(

Caty said...

Love it! :)

SWAT! Man, that was back in the day.