Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Is God Testing Me?

There are few things I love less in this life than car lot shopping. Some of those things include ripping off my finger nails, running over puppies, and worshiping the toilet gods.

How can a group of people be so annoying? "Do you have a trade in? What can we do to get you into a car today? Where do you work? Do you have a trade in? What are you looking for? Well I have this car for some ridiculous price. Do you have a trade in? Well I want to get you in a car today. What colors do you like? Can I get you in this car today? Test Drive? Do you have a trade in...?"

I am beginning to think the "wolf in sheep's clothing" warning mentioned in the scriptures is specifically referring to car salesmen. Everytime I see one now my blood pressure starts raising and I realize this might end my belief in a gracious and loving God. Why? Why!?!?!

I only car group I can tolerate is Thompson Auto Sales here in Springfield. All the others can burn.

0 comments: