My car has been wanting to die for awhile now. I think the end is near although I have been saying that for the last year.I first got the car in off a car lot quickly due to a very unfortunate family crisis. They wanted $11,800 for a 2001 tinted Monte Carlo LS. I got it down to $7,500. Pretty much I am fantastic. But that whole story is for another day. All in all I hate that I had to go that route for buying a car, but all things considered I did get a good deal for buying off a lot.
Shortly after the purchase I named the car, obviously in a unique and creative manner, "The Carlo."
From the second I got the car it has had some minor issues. Mainly, it hates it's own electrical system. It's blinkers went on and off because of the emergency lights before they fixed it under warranty (that made me go huh too) and the overhead light to this day only works when the car is on. Once, I went to apply for a job at Planned Parenthood and the car decided it wouldn't start for an hour or two in the rain. I prayed no one noticed it was my car and questioned my intentions at Planned Parenthood.
As it gets older it likes to burn it's own wires to make the head lights go out and the wire for the traction control refuses to stay in place thus causing it to turn off. Also, the internal temperature gauge went out and we replaced it.Nowadays it is having serious problems. Electrical problems aren't a huge deal, but engine problems are. As of summer last year it started having transmission problems and somewhere from then 'till now the head gasket cracked and coolant is leaking in to the oil. As of two weeks ago, the needle gauges sometimes won't work until I restart the car. Today and Friday, while I drive it makes the same noise as when someone circles a moist finger on an almost full wine glass and makes a loud tornado siren noise every once in a while. Sigh.
I don't want to spend a bunch of money to fix the car since it is getting older and it is cranky. I will at least take it in soon for diagnostics to better understand if we need to make immediate funeral plans or if we should throw a little more money into it keep it going a little while longer. I also wouldn't feel right selling the car unless we sold it cheap. The most likely option is I will run it into the ground hoping the stars will align allowing us to buy a new, used car.Double Sigh.
1 comments:
Sounds like my car! Except it's a 1995 Honda Prelude. And I paid 4300 for it three years ago. It is all smashed up and ugly and noisy, it has 220,000 miles on it, but we will drive it until it can be driven no more!!!
Post a Comment