Friday, March 19, 2010

Peace Rant

What is it with this year? It seems like almost everyday is turning into a battle. Not fighting with people directly per say, but some of things I hold on to most dearly are challenged a lot more lately.

Does that mean the right path is being taken? Or is this a wake up call to change something that isn't getting through my head?

I want so much for this world to be a more peaceful place. I want people to understand each other and be lifted up by one another whether they believe the same way or not. That is how our Heavenly Father wants it. He didn't put us in different paths in life that always don't agree to torture us or for no reason. The fact is we would learn nothing of value and truly value it if all people were the same. We were all given our free agency to have the choice to make something more of ourselves than we thought possible. The agency to help others do the same.

This constant tension is killing me. I am such a non-confrontational person (although many mistake me expressing my opinion as me being confrontational). I take great pride in managing to remain diplomatic and objective in almost all situations. I don't like to fight. And the things I take a stand for are things that need to be expressed in love, not using guerrilla tactics.

The obvious answer is to remove yourself from the tension, but the world doesn't change when people decide to take the comfortable road and never take action.

Hopefully the solution comes to me.

Peaceful Rant Over.

1 comments:

Caty said...

Good post. I have been there, too.
I can honestly say that leaving the world of Facebook has made my life a lot better. Personally; because it probably doesn't affect everyone the same. But I recommend it as a possible solution.