Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Derrick Rocks My Socks Off!


So, socks can't be literally knocked off. Don't believe it? Myth Busters had an episode on it. But if awesome-ness could rock off socks, my socks would never be on due to the awesome-ness of Derrick!

You know I have to say I love my husband, Derrick. I always get reminded how much he loves me. Like today for instance, I was all ready to check out at Aldi's only to realize they don't take credit, I don't know my pin number like always, I have no checks, and I have no cash. I called him in tears. For those who know me know that I get very flustered and upset when I get thrown off my self-imposed schedule...or any schedule for that matter. It is just one of my weird quirks. Anyways, Derrick offered to drive all the way from work to pay with his card and his memorzied number. Well, I declined and drove to the bank for cash in the end, but either way his offer was sweet. These moments aren't rare occurences either.

Derrick never reads my blogs so I can openly brag on him without embarrassing him lol. These are a few of my favorite things about Derrick...

-Derrick is one of the most sincere people I know. He doesn't manipulate or play games. He may not give a lot of compliments either, but when he does you know it is something to treasure and it is the truth.

-Derrick is so open with our home. I never have to ask about inviting someone over, someone coming to visit or something to that effect. He loves having people here and is so willing to actively make them comfortable.

-He always treats me as an equal partner.

-Derrick not only works hard for his dreams, but works hard so the people close to him can have their dreams achieved as well.

-He is willing to help someone without someone even asking. When people do get a chance to ask for help he rarely turns them down.

-He knows how to treat women. He treats all women like his own sister (with the exception of me in some...ummm....cases;).) and shows nothing but respect.

-I adore many of his values. And he knows how to stand up for them without being a over bearing jerk.

-Man, can he create. He visualizes physical things in his mind and makes them. He is so focused he will mull over those mental creations for hours. He is man of many trades.

-He just doesn't posess male trades. He one of the best cooks I know, he sews well, (he made some of my wedding dress) and he cleans!

-I love his love for music and dance. We are both very into the arts so that makes for a lot of great dates!

- Derrick is not quick to point out mistakes or downfalls. He lets people learn and grow without tearing them down unless that is absolutely what they need. He isn't quick to judge either.

-Derrick is not a jealous/paranoid person and nor am I. This allows us to have good friends of the opposite gender and still be loyal and comfortable.

-He loves to play jokes and be playful. I enjoy he isn't completely sugar.

-Derrick knows how to read people. He is so good at games like Apples to Apples!

-Derrick is truly a man of Lord. He doesn't just find what he is comfortable with and stay stagnant. He continually grows in heart and mind. Derrick puts Heavenly Father first in his heart.


Okay, I said more than a few things. But with like a man like Derrick, it is hard not go on forever!

2 comments:

Duree Family said...

Sweet! Isn't it great to have such an amazingly supportive person? And, better yet, to know they'll ALWAYS better! :)

Caty said...

VERY good post! And wonderful Myth Busters reference.

I loved your list of why you love Derrick. He is definitely an awesome and I love that you two are married. You are just one of those couples that make people smile.