Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day Three- Its Not Love Unless You're Screaming

Day 3 – Your idea of the perfect first date.

This would be idea of perfect first date. Of course I will never have one of those so I just have to revel in it.

Most people want a walk on the beach or a romantic carriage ride. Not me. I want an amusement park. I would want my date to ride all the rides with me screaming and laughing the whole time. Then we would eat a pile of ribs and get our faces all messy. To me that sounds like a perfect day.
Of course it is hilarious because I married Derrick who is afraid of most rides and the ones he does get on he gets really sick. Bummer.

Oh well, I have the artsy man who takes me to symphonies, ballets, art shows and musicals. Which I love all those things. But now it only happens because of my prompting since as a typical husband he doesn't plan dates anymore (unless it is going to artwalk, which I get bored of month after month). Is that some guy code? Once you are married do the guys make a pact to stop being creative, not plan anything anymore and not want to take their wife on dates?

4 comments:

Sara Zahn said...

I'm in the same boat, Charlie doesn't plan ANYTHING anymore... Oh well, I guess he never really did, we only dated after we were married :S

P.S- We should get a group together to go to an amusement park! I am a coaster-junkie!

Gail said...

YES! Amusement park someday!

Jeni Brown said...

I'm down on the amusement park trip! I love roller coaster I will go on them with you Gail! Also I so agree the boys just quit being creative and never take us out anymore unless we plan something!

Gail said...

So, girls day to the amusement park is what I am gathering;)?