Whoa, it has been a long time without blogging. Well, here is a random thought. Just bare with me.
I love to wear modest long shorts/skirts with long tops. It looks good on my body type. I am pretty tall and thin so the length in clothing doesn’t make me look shorter or any le
ss shapely. Actually it makes me more so because the additional fabric layers to make more false curves in my otherwise not-so-curvy body shape. But what does make me look a fashion fool is most mid-height neck lines that typically fall below the collar bone by no further than a inch. You know, the ones most Mormon ladies wear if they haven’t chosen a high neck line garment for the day. I have a long neck and extremely long torso; a mid-height neck line makes it look like my boobs have been melted. So what do I do? I wear a high neck line or show a minute amount of cleavage with a lower neck line.This has leaded me to not think ill of a Mormon woman showing a little cleavage. I know to a lot of people, like the one lady in my Ward who always gives me dirty looks on my cleavage days, it may matter, but really, my undergarments are more than covered so I don’t really care. I still have many callings and respect from my leaders. Obviously I am not TOO offensive.
That instant made me realize that we all have different body types that can “get away” with different things. Most, I imagine, judge more harshly what they themselves cannot get away with. Also, some can’t help some things, such as women with bigger breasts will always battle their revealing necklines. As LDS sisters, we have to keep this in mind. As long as it is not blatantly distasteful and against modestly standards we need to make a fuss within our internal or external selves.
This is my personal opinion. If it covers, it’s cool. If it doesn’t show the stitching in your bra, underwear lines, or the article of clothing isn’t struggling to stay in its intended shape- it isn’t too tight. As Mormon women we need not to dress ourselves in bags and treat our bodies like something shameful. Too many LDS women have this idea that modesty is dressing in things as shapeless and baggy as our male counterparts. We are allowed to look good AS WOMEN and that means more than simply wearing a skirt or dress. Personally, I feel best when I look sexy. No, I don’t want to steal the hearts of men other than my husband, but it just makes me feel beautiful. Sexy doesn’t always mean mini-skirts, ultra cleavage and tube tops. It just means you look hot by dressing to your body type. End. Of. Story.
5 comments:
Question: Am I the one with the dress? Because my dress was definitely shorter after leaving the apartment than before! Haha!
hahahahaah. Caty. Your dress WAS short this week! It looked great on you, though. I was definitely confused & surprised, but I also found myself wishing I could pull it off! I'm so tall that if I wear anything that's a little short while standing that my butt will probably be in direct contact with wherever I sit. Lame. Then again it almost doesn't matter how long or short something is on me---it always manages to work its way up my hips! I totally understand how something could become considerably shorter during a commute.
It 'twas you Mrs. Caty, but man did you pull off that dress! Lucky. Really, I secretly hate your face for it. I am sure Gabe wasn't complaining.
But don't worry, the same thing has happened to me too. Unfortunatly most of my undergarments are so long I have trouble wearing anything even barely above the knee. But seriously, I didn't write this to make you self conscious. I was contemplating for realz yo.
Oh, and Tasha. I TOTALLY feel your pain. Ugghhh.
Oh, your post made me smile! When I sat down at church yesterday, I was like, "OH, hello legs."
And yeah, with my body type, garments don't always make it down to my knees. So, ya know... :)
P.S. You both are gorgeous and wear your outfits to perfection.
Post a Comment