I am in the same boat with her. It is surreal enough to see all your peers from high school getting married, having kids, making it big, passing away, etc, but this? A classmate slashing a deans throat?
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/09/16/1290750/police-man-who-stabbed-dean-targeted.html
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/15/2227388/nixon-was-intended-target-of-assailant.html
http://ozarksfirst.com/search-fulltext?nxd_id=326615
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/15/2226205/suspect-in-penn-valley-stabbing.html
http://www.news-leader.com/article/20100916/NEWS01/9160358/Slashing-suspect-suffered-from-mental-illness-mother-said
Casey Brezik was a mutual "friend." We were not close. I always had this vibe he wasn't that fond of me and I always had an unsettled feeling around him. I took a lot of time from the friend we both shared. I was the best friend to our shared friend. The shared friend hung out with Casey but was more annoyed with him at times. Other than what seemed to be a dislike for me and being occasionally rude, Casey was nice. And I really do mean it when I say he was nice. But he was also quite a strange person. Not a typical person you meet on the street in ideology or in how he communicated with people. I didn't agree with him or approve in most cases, but you can't judge a person just off of ideology or weird quirks. Some of the best and most amazing people are not socially inept or are radical thinkers of time. Sadly, Casey went too far.
Like what a lot of us expected is that he was "off" in some way to mental illness. At least that's what they are saying now. Various reports are saying he is a schizophrenic and a pot smoker. But still, I wouldn't expect his off him. That hardened booking picture doesn't even embody the kid I remember.
Thankfully the dean is recovering and I hope the Dean's family is getting the support through the traumatic event that they need. But I also hope those in Casey's family aren't forgotten. They must be heartbroken for they are victims too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment